How To Enter
Who Should Enter
The Visioning the Outdoors Film Competition is open to filmmakers of all abilities and all ages, and aims to showcase a mix of amateur and professional work focused on outdoor activity.
Why get involved?
- It’s fun, and another excuse to get active in the outdoors!
- If a picture is worth a thousand words, a short film is an even more valuable tool to capture and communicate the essence of outdoor activities. The Visioning the Outdoors Film Competition provides a means for filmmakers to showcase their activities and pursuits (and contribute to a pool of films that advocate the importance of access to, and opportunities for, outdoor recreation).
What to submit?
Short films that showcase outdoor activities and the difference they can make to people’s lives – to bring a smile, give a buzz, pump us up, or inspire action or appreciation. Your film must focus on the outdoors and must feature at least some identifiable content from Queensland, Australia.
- This is a competition for and about outdoor recreation – in the outdoors!
- It is not a nature or landscape competition, nor is it a portrait competition.
- Nature, landscape or portrait films will not be disqualified but should capture the essence of the competition theme: LIVE LIFE OUTDOORS
Format, File Type & Running Time
- As we may choose to screen the films in 16:9 ratio for maximum screen quality, please film in this ratio if your camera allows.
- Save your film file in MP4 1920 x 1080 (25 to 30 frames) or MP4 1280 x 720 (25 or 30 frames)
- Keep the running time of your film between 3 – 20 minutes approximately.
Submitting Your Film
The steps to submitting your film using our online submission process are:
Upload a high resolution version of your film file to Vimeo to enable file sharing and select the privacy settings detailed below:
- If you do not already have a Vimeo account, you can sign up for free Basic account and will be entitled to one 500MB HD upload per week.
- In your Vimeo account, select the option to upload your film.
- While the film is uploading, look under the ‘Privacy’ tab and select the option ‘Only people with a password’ can watch this video. Keep your password somewhere safe, you will be asked to provide this in our online registration form.
- Also in the ‘Privacy’ tab, make sure you have checked the option to ‘Download the video’. This will enable QORF to access the film for judging and screening purposes.
- Copy and save the link to your film, you will be asked to provide this in our online registration form.
Return to the Visioning the Outdoors website to complete your online submission form:
- You will need to fill in your online registration form in one go, your information will not be saved until you click on submit form at the end of the submission. For this reason, you might want to download a reference copy of the form to read through and prepare your answers.
- You will be asked to agree to our Terms & Conditions when completing the online submission form.
- If people can be identified in your film, you must be able to supply an Image Use Consent Form for each person, if requested (download a basic Image Use Consent Form here)
- You will need to have your Vimeo link and password ready to paste into the online submission form.
- When you are ready to enter, click the button below:
If you have any issues completing the online registration form, please contact QORF on firstname.lastname@example.org