Visioning the Outdoors
Film & Photo Competition
share your passion for the outdoors in Queensland
Mt Kaputar Sunrise by Steffen Bollmann
A beautiful moment at a stunning location, captured with perfect lighting – I love it. To me this shot evokes so much that’s good about the enjoying outdoors.
Chris Bray, Photo Judge
Queensland Adventure by John Hopper
The Adventure Queensland film has some really unusual cinematography in it that I found quite artistic and really brought out the subject matter.
Toby Ryston-Pratt, Film Judge
The theme is LIVE LIFE OUTDOORS, a celebration of the power of outdoor recreation activities to enrich people’s lives. We want you to submit photos or short films that capture the essence of your life lived outdoors. This might be your adventure, your escape, your connection, whatever your unique experience of the outdoors may be.
We need YOU to create visions of living life outdoors that inspire people to get outdoors more often.
Photos and short films should communicate in a way which inspires people to visit new places, or revisit old favourites, to try new activities, or challenge themselves further.
- This is a competition for and about outdoor recreation – in the outdoors!
- It is not a nature or landscape competition, nor is it a portrait competition.
- Nature, landscape or portrait entries will not be disqualified but should capture the essence of the competition theme: LIVE LIFE OUTDOORS
When you enter the 2018 Visioning the Outdoors Film & Photo Competition you will be in the running to win a great selection of product from our prize and category partners – camera bags from Crumpler, outdoor gear from K2 Basecamp & Equipped Outdoors and photography manuals from Chris Bray Photography.
NEW: Best Climbing Photo
K2 Basecamp is offering a special $100.00 voucher as a bonus prize to the Best Climbing Photo
You can enter your films and photos in the following categories:
- Film – Best and Youth
- Photo – Best and Youth
- All films and photos will be entered in the People’s Choice competition.
- Youth is open to 16 years and under, and creative work must be predominantly that of the youth entrant (parents – let the kids run free with this one!)
See all category prizes here: PRIZES