A key reason for establishing QORF was to assist communication between different user groups and levels of government on outdoor recreation-related issues. QORF represents the diversity of opinions across the outdoor recreation sector on any issue, and does not, in most cases, seek to achieve consensus. QORF provides opportunities for outdoor recreation users at all levels to share ideas, discuss issues, network, influence policy and promote outdoor recreation.
As outlined in the QORF Strategic Plan key objectives include:
- represent the outdoor sector to the general community;
- increase awareness and access to outdoor activities;
- promote the benefits of sustainable outdoor activities; and
- deliver opportunities for outdoor events.
Visioning the Outdoors has been designed to contribute to these objectives.
If you are interested in QORF or learning more about other activities and events hosted by QORF, please visit www.qorf.org.au
- What’s On – events, training and courses
- Newsletter – sign up for our monthly eNewsletter
- Discover – search for activities and providers
- Shop – books, DVD’s and other resources
- News – latest about the outdoors
- Industry Information – research, jobs, training and much more
- Resources – useful info for the everybody
- Membership – joining details